NOW HIRING: FIELD RESEARCH COORDINATOR (Alameda County, CA and surrounding area)
Field Research Coordinator
We’re looking for someone committed to helping transform the world of learning!
The Institute for Learning Innovation (ILI) seeks an organized and dynamic people person to help gather information (via online surveys and conversation) from adult hobbyist gardeners and assist with data analysis and report writing. This National Science Foundation funded study is investigating which community-based resources hobbyist gardeners access to support their learning, and which resources work for whom. More information about the project may be found here. The applicant selected will work in a contract position, part-time for up to 18 months, and will report to the Principal Investigator, Dr. Elysa Corin.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Coordinate data collection via an online survey of urban gardeners
- Speak to survey takers about their experience with the survey
- Collaborate with the PI to conduct focus groups in Alameda County, CA based on an existing interview guide
- Travel to sites within Alameda County, CA
- Assist with quantitative and qualitative data cleaning/management
- Potentially assist with quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Assist with report writing and communication of project findings
- Participate in virtual (Zoom) team meetings on a regular basis
- Communicate regularly with team members via email
- Complete project-related internet research
The ideal candidate:
- Enjoys frequent collaboration but is able to work well independently
- Has experience working in a remote or self-directed professional environment
- Has experience collecting social science-type data in person with participants
- Has experience engaging in social science evaluation or research
- Has excellent writing, editing, and general communication skills
- Is comfortable interacting with research participants from various ethnic and demographic backgrounds
- Is comfortable working with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Has an interest in gardening
- Is located in or near Alameda County, CA
The Institute for Learning Innovation (ILI) is a virtual, independent, 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization which is passionate about learning and works at the intersection of research, practice, and policy. With a more than 30-year history we are committed – now more than ever – to disrupting the narrow way in which society thinks about learning. ILI works hard to find new and more effective ways to support a variety of educational leaders and institutions in providing learning opportunities for all. Learn more about ILI here: www.instituteforlearninginnovation.org.
A Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent knowledge and experience
Part-time, some local travel.
$15/hour to $20/hour, based on experience.
This position does not require physical demands beyond the usual office work and travel requirements.
The Institute for Learning Innovation is an equal opportunity employer who is fully committed to what we call an “IDEAL” framework, one that supports Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, Access, and Learning for all. Please let us know should you have a disability that requires accommodation in order for you to participate in the application process, we are happy to work with you to facilitate your participation.
For consideration, along with your CV or Resume, please include a one-page cover letter describing the ways in which you are qualified for this position and why you would want to work with the Institute for Learning Innovation and send to:
Subject: Field Research Coordinator
Applications will be accepted until the close of Friday, January 15, 2021.
Prior to hire, three recent professional references will be required.
Initial inquiries will be addressed via email – No phone calls, please.
Posted Dec 10, 2020