NOW HIRING: Bilingual Spanish/English Interpreter
(REMOTE CONTRACT POSITION)
The Institute for Learning Innovation (ILI) is collaborating with the High Desert Museum in learning how to support family STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) learning in their community.
We are looking for a bilingual Spanish/English individual to join our research team as an interpreter and translator to examine the impact of STEM programming on local families. Data collection will involve virtual/phone interviews with local families. This is a remote, part-time, contract position.
First week of April
The bulk of work will take place over 3 months with a small amount of work taking place 2-3 months after and then again about 6-9 months after that. The position is 5-10 hrs./week. The number of hours per week will vary depending on the varying needs of the project.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Translate documents including surveys into Spanish.
- Participate in virtual/phone interviews as an interpreter with a researcher and caregivers using an existing interview guide.
- Communicate with participating caregivers.
- Translate survey responses.
- Share reflections from the conducted interviews.
- Participate in virtual (Zoom) team meetings on a regular basis.
- Communicate regularly with team members via email.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English.
- Has access to a computer and the internet.
- Enjoys frequent collaboration but can work well independently.
- Has keen attention to detail.
- Able to organize one’s own time and problem-solve.
- Ability to clearly communicate and ask questions for clarification when needed.
- Ability to work flexible hours (including some evenings) and days as necessary.
- Experience interviewing is a plus.
- Experience interpreting is a plus.
- Is comfortable working with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Is comfortable working with Google apps (Google docs, Google sheets).
The Institute for Learning Innovation (ILI) is a virtual, independent, 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization which is passionate about learning and works at the intersection of research, practice, and policy. With a more than 30-year history we are committed – now more than ever – to disrupting the narrow way in which society thinks about learning. ILI works hard to find new and more effective ways to support a variety of educational leaders and institutions in providing learning opportunities for all. Learn more about ILI here: www.instituteforlearninginnovation.org.
This position does not require physical demands beyond the usual office work and travel requirements.
The Institute for Learning Innovation is an equal opportunity employer who is fully committed to what we call an “IDEAL” framework, one that supports Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, Access, and Learning for all. Please let us know should you have a disability that requires accommodation in order for you to participate in the application process, we are happy to work with you to facilitate your participation.
For consideration, along with your resume, please include a one-page cover letter describing the ways in which you are qualified for this position and why you would want to work with the Institute for Learning Innovation and send to:
Prior to hire, two recent professional references will be required
Posted Mar 21, 2023