Fall Conference Announcement
SEPTEMBER 24, 2020
3:30 – 5:00 PM ET
Please join your Detroit education colleagues as we gather virtually on a Thursday afternoon to discuss and learn from each other about Family STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Maths) learning experiences.
We will kick-off this one-day, 90-minute virtual conference with a short Keynote by international family learning expert, Dr. Lynn D. Dierking (Institute for Learning Innovation). After a discussion with Lynn, we will then break into small group breakout sessions to engage in further discussion and shared learning, followed by a final large group summary and discussion about the next steps.
Each participant will be able to attend 2 of the following 3 sessions (we will be recording all sessions so you can catch the one you missed later):
How to get the best results out of your online STEAM program!
- Phil Grumm, Henry Ford Museum
- Erica Matheny, National Inventors’ Hall of Fame
- Anna Sterner, Michigan Science Center
- Steven Vrla, Detroit Zoological Society
Cultivating and Nurturing Family STEAM: Curiosity, Play, and Wonder.
- Lorrie Beaumont, Lorrie Beaumont Consulting
- Cassie Byrd, Michigan Science Center
- Jayme Cellitioci, National Inventors’ Hall of Fame
- Amy Green & Barbi Wilson, Detroit Zoological Society
Building Capacity and Empowering Adults in STEAM Exploration.
- Yolanda Eddins, New Paradigm Schools
- Diane Miller, Detroit Zoological Society
- Carrie Shrier, MSU Extension
Registration is free, but the conference attendance will be limited to a maximum of 50 attendees. Members of the STEAM community will receive first priority. Further details will be available here in the following weeks as well communicated to registrants by email.
(Subject to Change)
3:30 – 3:40 Welcome, Introduction of partners by Christian Greer
3:40 – 4:00 Keynote Presentation by Lynn Dierking
4:00 – 4:25 Session 1
4:25 – 4:50 Session 2
4:50 – 5:00 “Next Steps”, Facilitated by Tonya Mathews
Posted Aug 26, 2020